FREE ADMISSION – SPACE IS LIMITED!
LIVE Webcast: Tuesday, September 1, 2020 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM PST
Fair Housing Update: Know YOUR Rights and Avoid Costly Mistakes in Today’s Political Climate – Featuring Property Management Expert, Angel Rogers
As housing providers, we must always ensure that our buildings and apartment communities are open and welcoming to people of all types. As housing providers, we are intertwined with and are committed to the principles set forth in the Fair Housing Act, which is based on the concept that all people should be treated equally. Join us online for a LIVE for this important webinar and Q&A session with Property Management Training and Education Expert, Angel Rogers, Founder of STAR Training for this Fair Housing Update and learn how the current political climate may have altered fair housing rules and how YOU can avoid making potentially costly mistakes.
PLEASE, join us for what will most certainly be an informative webinar. Join us for a live discussion of the latest issues and protocols surrounding COVID-19 and lessons learned during the pandemic. During the webinar, we will also cover the following:
- How to avoid falling into a “trap” – what tester do and what they look for
- The basics of three federal fair housing laws (Fair Housing Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, and the Americans with Disabilities Act)
- The seven (7) protected classes as well as the additional protections in California.
- What discrimination is and ways to avoid discriminating
- Enforcement mechanisms and remedies, who can file a lawsuit, who can be sued, what damages may be awarded, and statute of limitations
- Best practices for interacting with potential tenants to ensure fair housing laws are followed
- Accessibility requirement, Reasonable Accommodation and Reasonable Modification
- The Pets versus Assistance Animals debate
- What constitutes harassment in housing and how to avoid making simple mistakes
- and much more! YOUR questions submitted prior to the webinar will help drive the discussion!
GUEST SPEAKER: Angel Rogers, ARM, CCRM
Chief Learning Officer, National Community Renaissance and Owner, STAR Training
Angel has been in property management for as long as she can remember. She was screening applications and cleaning her parent’s rentals for years before she thought this would be her career. She worked her way up from “Rental Hostess” to Regional Manager in less than 6 years and has never looked back! Angel brought her extensive experience to National CORE in 1996 as a Property Manager and then Training and Education Manager where she developed training programs with an emphasis on fair housing, operations, customer care, and affordability compliance. In 2009, she launched her own training and consulting company, STAR (Specialized Training by Angel Rogers), where she continued to lead the training efforts at National CORE, as well as teaching for numerous Apartment Associations, private clients throughout the country, and classes at Chaffey College. Angel was invited to return to National CORE in 2020 as their Chief Learning Officer.