WHEN: 1:00 P.M. – 2:00 P.M. on Thursday, September 17, 2020
What passed, and what didn’t? What do WE have to look forward to in 2021? Just like everyone else, YOU are concerned about all the new California regulations and rent control laws. During this webinar, our Sacramento lobbyists will update you on ALL THE NEW LAWS that passed during the most recent legislative session. Get the “inside scoop” from AAGLA’s two lobbyists “on the ground” at the State’s Capitol, and hear about what new laws have made it to the Governor’s desk, proposed laws we have defeated, and what YOU might possibly expect out of our Legislature for next year.
- The complete Sacramento update – the Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- What passed and why? Important strategies and negotiations utilized to amed what could have turned out far worse.
- Status of Senate Bill 1410 and Assembly Bill 1436, the long-term repayment “scheme” bills
- What’s on the Governor’s agenda for the rest of this year and next?
- How is the State continuing to respond to COVID-19 and deal with severe budget consequences?
- What can YOU, as a rental property owner, do to effect change in California?
- and much more – your questions submitted prior to and during the webinar will drive the discussion!
Steve Carlson, President, Steve Carlson & Associates
Steve Carlson is the President and Owner of Steve Carlson and Associates which provides legislative advocacy and government relations services to clients in California. He has represented the Apartment Association of Greater Los Angeles since 1987.
Jonathan Arambel, Founder, Third House, LLC
Jonathan Arambel is the Founder and Principal of Third House, LLC a lobbying firm based in Sacramento. He is a Political and Business Consultant, Lobbyist, Investor, and a Tech-Geek, and has been the lobbyist for the Apartment Association of Greater Los Angeles along with Steve Carlson for almost five years. From 2010 to 2016, Jonathan was Chief of Staff for the California State Assembly.