WHEN: 11:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. on Friday, September 25, 2020
Are YOU Confused? We Cover the Local Issues for YOU.Your Questions Answered by AAGLA’s General Counsel and Director of Government Affairs
100’s of cities and counties across Southern California have passed new housing regulations such as eviction moratoriums, rent increase freezes, and new tenant protections making it more difficult to operate within the rental housing business as YOU have in the past. More recently, Governor Newsom signed into law effective September 1, 2020 Assembly Bill 3088, the “Tenant, Homeowner, and Small Landlord Relief and Stabilization Act of 2020” and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued orders suspending residential evictions through the end of December. How do Assembly Bill 3088 and the CDC’s Order impact local eviction moratoriums?
Join us so that YOU stay up to date on these local eviction moratoriums and the many recent new local ordinances that have been imposed or are pending that will impact YOU.
Planned Topics Include:
- What is the status of the various local eviction moratoriums and other local regulations?
- When can landlords begin pursuing evictions? Are courts open?
- City of Los Angeles’ and the County of Los Angeles’ renter assistance funds – are there risks in taking the money?
- How does A.B. 3088 and the CDC’s order impact local eviction moratoriums and YOUR right to proceed with an ecivtion?
- What are the latest ordinances passed or pending that impact rental housing? Learn about new one-year lease requirements, Burbank rent control ballot initiative, right to counsel, right of first refusal and so much more!
Craig Mordoh, Esq.
General Counsel, Apartment Association of Greater Los Angeles (AAGLA)
Craig Mordoh is a sole practitioner specializing in all aspects of real estate law with an emphasis on litigation, rent control, landlord/tenant, municipal and administrative law. Mr. Mordoh holds a Juris Doctor degree from Southwestern University School of Law and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Boston University.
Director of Government Affairs, Apartment Association of Greater Los Angeles (AAGLA)
Danielle Leidner-Peretz has been AAGLA’s Director, Government Affairs & External Relations since 2019. Prior to that she served in various legal positions for the New York State Legislature and within the City of New York where she served under Mayors Bloomberg and DeBlasio.