WHEN: 11:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. on Tuesday, November 17th, 2020
SEEKING LEGAL ADVICE?…Esteemed Landlord Attorney, Ms. Tracey Merrell, Discusses the Current Regulatory Environment and Takes YOUR Questions
Tracey Merrell, attorney at Kimball, Tirey & St. John, LLP is back in the house. She will be on hand taking your questions. So come ready to ask and receive her advice.
YOU DON’T MISS THIS IMPORTANT UPCOMING, NEW WEBINAR – THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO GET YOUR LEGAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED BY CALIFORNIA’S TOP LANDLORD ATTORNEY…FOR FREE! Learn about when and how you can evict your problem tenants, how the newly passed state eviction “stop-gap” law impacts YOU, legal strategies you can deploy for when the emergency declaration has ended and understand your rights as a rental property owner.
Please join us on Tuesday, November 17, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. as Tracey Merrell, the Managing Attorney of Education for Kimball, Tirey & St. John LLP provides YOU with important regulatory updates and responds to your questions.
WEBINAR DISCUSSION TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Different Layers of Federal, State, and local laws: What you can do under one layer of law may be prohibited elsewhere
- Assembly Bill 3088 – COVID Tenant Relief Act
- The CDC National Eviction Moratorium: The clarification from the FAQs and how it might affect your case
- How much longer can your tenants withhold rent from YOU? What can and should you be doing TODAY?
- Can YOU proceed with an eviction at this time? What are the best strategies YOU can deploy right now?
- Are there different rules depending on what jurisdiction your property is in?
- What time does happy hour start? (e.g., When will the emergency declaration be lifted and we go back to normal?)
- And, much, much more…including Q&A session with Tracey Merrell, the Managing Attorney of Education for Kimball, Tirey & St. John, LLP. Attendees will have the opportunity to submit questions in advance of the webinar and ask questions submitted live during the live presentation.
GUEST SPEAKER: Tracey Merrell, Esq
Managing Attorney of Education at Kimball, Tirey & St. John
Ms. Merrell began her career representing banks in post foreclosure evictions throughout all 58 counties in California. As bank owned foreclosures slowed down, she transitioned into evictions for management companies and individual owners. She is experienced in all aspects of litigation, from the development of case strategy, through discovery, depositions, motion practice, and trials including bench and jury. She joined our office as a trial attorney and has extensive experience in court making hundreds of appearances a year since joining the firm. She has in depth knowledge of the Los Angeles Rent Stabilization Ordinance. Ms. Merrell transitioned to the Education Department to further her goal of providing training and knowledge to both clients and staff. She received her Juris Doctor degree at DePaul University College of Law.