Posts Tagged ‘Property Management Apps’
By: Pierre Calzadilla, Manager, Apartment Industry Relations
Trulia is proud to announce our new rentals listing map widget which you can now install on your website or blog, for free. With just a few clicks, you can have a customized map, like the one on the right, live on your site with just your listings. Get it here now.
If you have a website, having a map is crucial to help home and apartment hunters make a decision. For home hunters, there is nothing like looking at a map, understanding where a property is and imagining life in the neighborhood.
By: Nick Frantz
I have a friend who’s nuts about apps. He’s always downloading the latest and greatest. Whenever we meet, he tells me about a new one he’s found. The last time we talked, he said, “So many apps, so little time.” Now that was a comment that stuck.
Apps… all these wonderfully creative little tools. Some are useful. Some are just fun. But for me, the best ones are the apps that save us time.
There are dozens of apps available to help property managers. But resident-specific apps would be a big help, too. So how do you cut through the clutter to find them?
Here are three primary functions that provide ample app opportunities for you and your residents:
Think “functions” first… then look for the apps.
1. Maintenance Requests. In a 2011 SatisFacts Research survey, residents reported that the quality of maintenance services is the number one factor influencing retention. Number one! You want— you need—to make maintenance requests, scheduling and follow-up easy for you and easy for your residents.
Your property management software may offer an app for residents to use to submit maintenance requests. Maintenance issues don’t always wait until you’re in your office. Use your message notification service to confirm appointments and satisfaction. Check for apps that allow you to communicate with residents and staff anytime, from anywhere. And apps that make it easy for message recipients to add appointments to their calendars.
2. Payment Processing. Online payment processing is good for your cash flow. Some property management software offer payment processing apps for residents. Use your message notification service to send automatic reminders that help keep payments coming in on time.
3. Communications. In the same 2011 SatisFacts Research survey, residents ranked the ability to easily communicate with the community staff fourth in nearly 50 items analyzed. A good message notification service helps property managers meet the challenge of timely communications with staff and residents. But managing the daily flow of incoming communications is challenging for recipients, too. Again, look for apps from your message notification service that are created specifically help recipients manage their messages and their calendars.
Time is a valuable commodity. With only so much of it in a day, it’s a struggle to keep up—to get everything done. Hassle-free time savers are always welcome. Make life easier for you and your residents with apps that shave minutes off your days and turn multiple steps into just a few taps.
For more information regarding resident communication solutions please visit www.onecallnow.com, or call (877) 698-3262 to find out how our text, email and voice messages can work for your community.
Nick Frantz is the National Sales Manager for Property Management Solutions at One Call Now, where he has worked since March 2011. He specializes in Property Management solutions – commercial and residential – assisting in communications between property managers and staff/residents. Nick holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Miami University.
Apartment News Publications Inc. is teaming up with the Income Property Management Expo to provide Apartment Owners/Managers & Commercial Property Management Companies with tools for efficient, cost effective management, operation and maintenance of their communities & facilities!
Join us May 7, 2013 for the Southern California Income Property Management Expo at the Ontario Convention Center!
Click here to Pre-Register Online!
Southern California Attendee Information:
- Apartment Owners
- Property Managers
- Commercial Property Management Companies
- Service & Maintenance Staff
- Industry Partners & Vendors
This expo will host FREE seminars throughout the day addressing CA Energy Efficiency Programs, Landlord Legal Updates, Tax Code & 1031 Exchanges, Property Maintenance and more! The goal of the Expo is to provide attendees with the opportunity to network with other industry professionals while enjoying fine food tastings, the PGA Experience, Luxury Car Display & Test Drives, raffles & giveaways and the expo floor which will have over 100 exhibitors!
Apartment Management Magazine Premieres Apple Newsstand Apps for Monthly Magazines
Apartment News Publications, Inc collaborates with Bluepaper LLC to develop free Apps for Apple Mobile devices!
HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA – November 6, 2012 – Apartment News Publications, Inc. has announced the release of the publication’s first free iPhone & iPad applications. Monthly readers, consisting of Multi-Family & Commercial Property Owners and Managers, will now have the ability to access magazine articles, service vendor contact information, as well as have immediate access to web based features within the app through a WiFi or 3G cellular connection or better.