WHEN: 11:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. on Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Have you had to return a difficult security deposit? Have you gotten into trouble by withholding all or a portion of a security deposit when your tenant left? Property owners are not legally required to collect security deposits from renters, but it is usually a good practice and in their best interests to do so.
Nothing is more frustrating than arguing with your tenant over their security deposit or even possibly being sued. Join us and learn how YOU can avoid the hassles of difficult security deposit dispositions.
This course will help you protect yourself in uncomfortable security deposit disposition situations. We will teach you the proper way to end a lease, the step-by-step eviction process, and dealing with withholding all or a portion of security deposits. Our property management expert, Patti Widget, will also be providing tips on what to do and what not to do when handling your security deposits.
Leading multifamily industry expert, Patti Widget, the founder of Widget’s Way again, joins us for an amazing presentation that will help YOU improve your N.O.I. and stay out of trouble, and help YOU to succeed during today’s “new normal.”
During the webinar, we will also cover the following:
- Why conduct pre-move-out inspections?
- Protective lease language YOU must have.
- Ways you can use a security deposit.
- What is “damage” vs. “normal wear and tear” and what can you deduct?
- Returning all or a portion of a security deposit, and timing.
- Kinds of security deposit disputes and what to do.
- Is interest owed on security deposits?
- And, so much more. YOUR questions will help lead the discussion.