WHEN: 11:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. on Wednesday, May 12, 2021
Have YOU had to deal with tenants who have had bed bugs, smoke marijuana, or ask you to allow them to have a support animal or pet? When dealing with these issues you, mistakes may be costly.
PLEASE! join us for this webinar where we discuss the “BIG-3” landlord headaches: (1) Bed Bugs, (2) Smoking Marijuana, and (3) Support Animals / Pets. Whether you’re managing a rental property yourself or if you’ve hired a property manager to handle things on your behalf, we will teach you strategies that will keep your rental business running smoothly.
Bedbugs have become the number one pest challenge for owners of rental property. The presence of bed bugs at your property can be costly and expose you to expensive legal risks. While there is no way to prevent bed bugs from entering your property by being present on people or their personal belongings, you can take steps to protect yourself.
Legalized marijuana became law in California in January 2018, and many property owners and managers still have questions about the law and the impact it has on your rights as an owner or property manager, and the impacts of marijuana smoke at your property.
Emotional Support Animals (ESAs) versus “Pets” are a growing issue for housing providers and major area of confusion. Under the Fair Housing Act, it’s illegal to prohibit a resident from keeping an emotional support animal and you may not charge an extra deposit or rent. Pets may be handled differently. Do you know the difference?
During this webinar, we will cover the following:
- Do you need to use a bed bug addendum? Does the Apartment Association of Greater Los Angeles have a Bed Bug Addendum for members?
- Common places where you may find bed bugs, and how to prevent bed bugs becoming your problem.
- What is the legal limit of marijuana? Can your residents grow marijuana on your property? Can they smoke it?
- How does marijuana affect your no smoking policy? What about a resident who may have a prescription for marijuana?
- Do you know what to say to applicants about legalized marijuana?
- What is the difference between a service and emotional support animal? What if I have a no pet policy?
- Can you charge additional pet fees? How about for an emotional support animal? Can you require that a tenant get liability coverage for an emotional support animal?